What is it? SAHD Burnout is when you have been watching your kids day in and day out and you sort of lose track of time and all sense of reality. Hey it happens to the best of us. Here are some symptoms of SAHD Burnout:
1) In the middle of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich you begin singing the following lyrics “The more we get together, together, together… the more we get together the happier we’ll be” without thinking it odd.
2) The kids want casserole for dinner and you beg them for pizza.
3) You can’t remember the last time you talked to a person over the age 6.
4) You scream at the kids to shutup cause you can’t hear the movie Over the Hedge.
5) You get a huge adrenalin rush when somebody your age or older knocks at your front door.
6) You chastise your kids for not sharing their toys only to get a chance to take Batman away from your oldest so that you can get a turn without coming across as a bully.
7) When you turn on the vacuum cleaner you jump about a foot in the air and then suddenly realize you have been in a trance for 4 and a half days.
8) You start telling telemarketers about your personal problems and actually know them by name.
9) On the way to the store your kids beg you to turn down the radio station which is playing your favorite Veggie Tales soundtrack of Silly Songs With Larry.
10) You actually are proud of your minivan as you walk by and give it a nice gentle pat on the hood.
If you notice a combination of more than 4 of the above symptoms you are more than likely experiencing SAHD Burnout!!