Well, that was kind of a mis-leadng title, eh?
Since the b5 Media Family and Relationships Channel’s Blog Carnival theme is “love”, for a moment, I wasn’t sure how it would fit in here at Career and Kids. But, then I quickly realized, that for most of us, our love for our children is one of the reasons we do the career thing.
When love for your kids meets your office:
- You wear a macaroni necklace to a meeting
- You have no lunch money in your pocket, but, you do have an extra pacifier in there
- Your desk drawer contains a new box of crayons, and, paper for emergency visits
- Your art on the office wall consist of at least one “original” piece.
- Lunch occasionally means getting a Happy Meal at McDonald’s in hopes of getting the “hot” toy, while your co-workers enjoy grown-up fare.
- Even though people may dread seeing you coming, you (if permitted, naturally), take a deep breath, and, try to sell some wrapping paper or a few candy bars for the school fund raiser.
Sometimes these signs of love may be “appropriate”, sometimes not, but, they sure do make the days easier.