I’ve seen this recipe in many teacher magazines, books, and websites. Since it’s pretty hot outside, I thought it would be a good time to share this children’s activity and recipe with you.
You Will Need
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk or half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 tablespoons Rock salt
- 1 pint-size Ziploc plastic bag
- 1 gallon-size Ziploc plastic bag
- Ice cubes
How To Make It
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, add the rock salt, and close the bag.
- Put the milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Place the small bag inside the large one and seal.
- Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off top of small bag, then open carefully and enjoy!
I would recommend trying this recipe first, if you are going to use this in a classroom or group setting. Here’s another version of this recipe. This one would be useful for teaching a science lesson.
Source: Kids Domain