Ok, so here is my New Years Resolution List, as it pertains to both my diabetes and my personal life. Please promise not to laugh and remember that everyone is different and we all have things we need to work on in life. I think the hardest part is looking at yourself in that mirror and admitting your flaws and imperfections, no matter how big or small.
I will call this… Kendra’s Top 3 New Years Resolution List For Diabetes And Life
For my diabetes…
1. I will make sure that I exercise at least 5 days a week for at least 45 minutes. (none of this 3-4 days a week cause I am so darn tired). After all this will give me more energy and make me feel better about myself and my head much clearer.
2. I will make sure that I eat my 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day. I have gotten a bit lazy and will only eat a salad and an apple for the day, in the way of fruits and veggies. That is not enough, and I will try to get back in my groove.
3. I would like to stay healthy with my above mentioned exercise and food and lose 7-10 pounds by May. That is safe and “doable”. This would help me stay in check with my blood sugars and ensure another healthy year on the diabetes front. (fingers crossed)
My personal goals/resolutions…
1. Have more patience with my kids. I feel like I yell too much. (there is just too many of them, haha)
2. Learn to say the word no to others that want/need my help. I know this seems selfish but I have too much on my plate and am a people pleaser that feels like I am drowning!
3. Learn to reflect more and be happy/content with all that I have. Learn to understand the meaning of appreciation more. This is a tough one that I think so many struggle with. Got any tips???