UPDATED WITH WINNER!! Congrats to SJ at comment #461 – you are the lucky winner!
Portable music and video players keep getting smaller and cooler! Best Buy is now carrying a new brand called Insignia which is all about affordable and well designed technology. We were given the opportunity to review the Insignia Kix 1GB MP3 Player and my 11 year old son loves it. Keep reading because I am giving away an even cooler toy to one of our readers!
At less than $50, the Kix is a great entry level MP3 player – perfect for getting kids used to loading their own songs, being responsible for a little gadget and its easy to use. I wanted to really give the Kix a test so I handed the box to my son and said “go for it!” Within just a few minutes he had the box open, had gone over the instructions and was loading music on to the player. The player holds 1GB of music which is plenty for most kids. The online, drag and drop interface made it incredibly easy for him to add songs that were already on his computer and to add more from the Best Buy Music Store. It also has an FM tuner so you can listen to the radio on the go.
In conjunction with this review, Best Buy is sponsoring our giveaway for an Insignia Pilot 4GB Video MP3 Player!
The Pilot holds 4GB of music or video and is Bluetooth enabled allowing you to enjoy your music and videos without wires. Other features include:
- Supports MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, WMA DRM, WMA Pro, OGG, WAV, Audible, MPEG4 (30 fps), WMV (30 fps) and JPEG formats
- 2.4″ high-resolution LCD color display with wide viewing angles
- Built-in digital FM tuner with 20 presets; remember songs you hear by saving track and artist data from FM stations broadcasting RDS data
- Features a Secure Digital card expansion slot for additional memory capacity (media not included)
- Custom EQ with 4 presets
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface for blazing transfer speeds
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 25 hours of playback time
- Perfect Sync with Best Buy Digital Music Store and rate songs you love or hate with the included music management software
So, how do you enter? It’s easy!! Leave me a comment on this post letting me know that you would like to be entered to win. I’d also love to know if you (or your kids) already have an MP3 player – what you like or don’t like about them, your favorite place to get music, or anything else along those lines. You have to use a valid email address (that you check) as I will be notifying the winner via email. Your email address is not published or shared with anyone! If you have a blog, you can get a second entry by mentioning this giveaway to your readers.
Deadline for entries is midnight Wednesday, February 13, 2008.