I love Karen’s post on Spring cleaning! She is so great. So I thought I would give you my quick and dirty cleaning tricks for when you find your MIL is coming in 5 minutes. YIKES!! So here are my quick ways to make your house look like you have just spent hours cleaning.
- Make some piles. Clutter free is the best way to make your home look clean.
- Use those Lysol wipes, ladies. Wipe the countertops and toss.
- Make sure you have wiped down your bathroom.
- Use a disposable toilet bowl cleaner and wipe the hall bathroom toilet.
- Make sure you have plenty of toilet paper.
- Light some candles to make your home smells good.
- Spray some Febreeze. I don’t care how your house looks, if it smells like you have been cleaning, then your guests will think you did.
- I have to confess to you … I have done this one. If you have 10 minutes, fill your sink with hot water and then pour a little Pine Sol in it. Drain it when you see your company pulling up. Stop laughing at me!
- Get a basket or bucket and stick those toys in it to make it a little more clutter free.
- Stick those dishes in the dishwasher. I have actually stuck dishes in the oven if I didn’t have enough room in the dishwasher.
So what are your quick, down and dirty tricks for making your home look clean?