Don’t you hate it when you wake up and you are laying in bed and can’t go back to sleep? I do. I won’t stare off into the darkness of the room for long..I usually get up.
Well it has been unusually chilly in Texas this spring and I didn’t want to get up so I did the next best thing..I thought about something helpful I could add to the blog. I mean, doesn’t everyone contemplate their blog at 4 a.m.?
Frugality was once a trait that was admired. A cook that could make something out of nothing, that knew what was in her pantry and used it all..well she was admired. If you have ever read Anne of Green Gables series, perhaps you will remember Mrs. Rachel Lind commenting to Marilla in Anne’s House of Dreams that Anne didn’t have anything in the breadbox that shouldn’t be there..and there was a sense of pride in the comment.
We are such a wasteful society. What you find in the dumpster behind a grocery store is criminal. And with the economy doing what it is doing? Well, maybe it is time to admire frugality and wit once again.
This post begins a regular what to do with left over….. feature.
But…I thought that a cool way to do this would be to make it a round-up. So, every month we will have a new what to do with leftover…. roundup and link to all of the blogs. Cool idea? I thought so.
I will add the round up post, with links, to my pages section Under the heading of Leftovers. Imaginative, I know!
So…Here are the rules:
- Your recipe must include the leftover featured in a significant amount.
- For this month’s theme, eggs, you can use them in whatever form. Leftover egg whites, yolks, whole eggs, cooked, half cooked..whatever.
- You must post by May 21
- You post must include the banner and a link to this post ..You can reduce the banner size if you wish.
- You must send me a link to your post, I will grab the picture and format it for my blog.
- Send it to maryeaudet[AT]gmail[DOT]com
That’s it! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Content:Marye Audet for Baking Delights