It always seems like I find someone every day who is talking about saving the environment. Granted, I want to be a good steward of hte things I am gifted, but I also want to use disposable diapers and I enjoy a good Styrofoam cup that doesn’t sweat all over my car or coffee table. So today I thought I would give you the top 10 green household cleaners. See how you stack up to the list and let us know how you are doing. Some will even save you money. That’s my favorite part.
- Vinegar, we have talked about vinegar tons of times.
- Baking soda. Use it to polish your silver and freshen your carpets.
- Lemons help keep your garbage disposal clean and smelling good.
- 1 part Rubbing Alcohol added to a 1:1 vinegar water mix will shine up your mirrors and sinks nicely.
- Salt added to lemon is a great scouring pad for your dirtiest dishes.
- Don’t waste your money on bottle scrubbers. Boil an old toothbrush and use it instead.
- Keep house plants inside. This will help to naturally clean your air.
- Use egg shells and ice to work your garbage disposal to a shine.
- Use an old dryer sheet to shine up your chrome.
- Use half a box of baking soda downa drain chased by vinegar to clean out any slow drains. It’s best to let it set for about 10-15 minutes and then rinse it with hot water.
So there you have it. My top 10 favorite green household cleaners. Did you also notice that they are every day cleaners so you don’t have to spend any extra money using them? See, I shot 2 birds with one stone (for lack of a better phrase)
Thrifty shopping …