Happy Independence Day week everyone!Â We will be thinking red, white, blue and fun this week and we theme our activities around the USA’s birthday on July 4th. Our community actually celebrated early this year and we watched fireworks last night. It was a perfect family evening and it definitely put me in the right mindset for the week.
The kids can get ready for the holiday by designing their own virtual and very safe fireworks display at:
- Phantom Fireworks - create your own fireworks show in a variety of cities
- Sparky the Fire Dog - cool 4th of July activities for kids of all ages
- Set off your own fireworks above the skyline of New York City
Get in the spirit with these crafts:
- Making fun and patriotic frisbeesÂ
- Make patriotic bracelets and anklets using red, white and blue pony beads and charms or try this macrame version
- Pick up some inexpensive visors at the craft store and decorate them with red, white, and blue stickers or paint
- Use plastic lids to make these quick patriotic twirlers
- Light up the walkway with star-spangled luminaries
- Make a patriotic fashion statement with stars & stripes T-shirts that you make yourself like these using a reverse stamping technique or use your imagination and some sparkly fabric paint and create a one of a kind shirt for the occasion
And some printables for the week:
- Happy Birthday USA coloring page
- 4th of July Word Scramble
- July 4th Word Search
- Independence Day Word Search
If you are out and about today, pick up a few empty plastic film canisters (the photo department at any discount or drug store will usually give them to you for free) for a project we will be doing later in the week.
Donâ€™t miss any of the beach week fun – visit the Camp Weary Parent page for a complete listing of all the activities.