With temperatures in the high 90s this week, all anyone in this house is going to want to do is lay around like a DOG. Yes, these are the dog days of summer and are the inspiration for this week’s camp theme.
Start the week off right with a yummy recipe for “Puppy Chow” – the kids will love making this.
Chocolate Puppy Chow
- 2 cups Chex honey nut snack mix
- 2 cups Chex sweet and salty snack mix
- cup thin pretzel sticks, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
Pour snack mixes, pretzels, and cashews into large bowl. Set aside. Using a double boiler on the stove or the microwave, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter, stirring to combine. Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, turning over gently until all pieces are evenly coated. Pour mixture into large plastic bag (a cooking bag works well) with the powdered sugar. Seal and shake until all the pieces are well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Firehouse Dog (Full Screen Edition)
- The Shaggy Dog (Wild & Woolly Edition)
- The Shaggy D.A.
- Air Bud
- Air Bud – World Pup
- Air Bud – Seventh Inning Fetch
- Snow Dogs
- Snow Buddies
- Lassie (Widescreen)
- Old Yeller (Vault Disney Collection)
- Miracle Dogs
And, the backyard barbecue has gone to the dogs in this fun summer coloring page! There are so many dogs on the sheet, we lost count – can you figure out how many dogs came to the party? When you are done, try your skill with this quick dogs word search.
Joining us late? Donâ€™t miss any of the fun – visit the Camp Weary Parent page for a complete listing of all the activities.