I love baking Christmas cookies, and every year I’m on the hunt for cute new Christmas cookie ideas. I thought I’d do a little roundup of some of the best holiday cookies I’ve found this year. If you have a favorite please be sure to add it to the comment section. I’m always on the lookout to add to my collection.
It’s not too early to get started on holiday baking. Many cookie recipes can be made ahead, then frozen for a few weeks. Then just pull them out a day or two ahead of when you need them, ice them, and you’re ready to go.
Cookies are great for holiday gatherings, just make an assortment, put them on a holiday tray, and watch them disappear. They also make great gifts wrapped in a decorative cookie tin, and don’t forget to put a few out for Santa!
Here’s a variety of fun Christmas cookies. I tried to include a little bit of everything.
- Snow Globe Cookies
- Frosted Reindeer Cookie
- The Best Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Tiffany Snowflake Butter Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Eggnog Snickerdoodles
- Cookie Skates
- Stained Glass Cookies
- Gingerbread Men
- Old Fashioned Fruitcake Cookies
- Brown Sugar Shortbread Christmas Trees
- Almond Crescents
- Christmas Eve Mice
- Swedish Christmas Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Christmas Shortbread Wreath
- Chocolate Peppermint Meringue Kisses
- Santa’s Snowflakes
- Christmas Cookie Ornaments
- Lemony Glazed Cream Cheese Cookies
- Christmas Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
- Classic Christmas Spritz Cookies
- Mint Cookie Pops
- Christmas Biscotti
- Chocolate Blossoms
- Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies
- Poinsettia Cookies
- Meringue Snowflakes
- Snowball Cookies
- Jolly Santa Cookies
- Holiday Ribbon Cookies
- Colorful Christmas Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- Meringue Santa Hats
- Cornflake Christmas Wreaths
- Christmas Cookie Train
- Pecan Tassies
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Almond Snow Cookies
- Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- Peppermint and Vanilla Butter Cookies
- Holiday Wreaths
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Chili Pepper Christmas Cookies
- Gingerbread People
- Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies
- Beautiful Snowflake Cookies
- Holiday Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Your favorite Christmas or holiday cookie recipe- share the recipe or a link to the recipe in the comment section.
Looking for more Christmas cookie ideas? Check out Baking Delight’s 50 Best Cookie Recipes, there are some awesome cookies on that list!
Christmas cookie decorating tips, check out these links for more decorating how to’s:
Enjoy, and let me know how your cookies turn out.
Image via istockphoto.com
Hey, Blisstree reader and baker. Check out these these five new Christmas cookie posts we just published: