Corns flakes aren’t just a terrific breakfast cereal; they can also be a key ingredient to yummy recipes. Every year, Kellogg’s receives thousands of requests for recipes, so they have issued a collection of recipes made from Kellogg’s Corn Flakes and other cereals. This is one of my favorites.
These cherry dot cookies are great for the holidays or anytime!
Cherry Dot Cookies
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup finely chopped, pitted dates
- 1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 2/3 cups Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal (crushed to 1 1/3 cups)
- 15 maraschino cherries, cut into quarters
1. In mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Beat well. Stir in milk and vanilla. Add flour mixture, combining thoroughly. Stir in nuts, dates and the 1/3 cup finely chopped cherries.
3. Portion dough using level tablespoon. Shape into balls. Roll in Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal. Place about 2 -inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Top each cookie with cherry quarter.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 5 dozen (60) cookies
For nutrition and other great recipes, visit Kelloggs.com.
Photo credit: Kellogg’s