I have some really cool Christmas decorations to share with you today from Sandra de Ovando, of Ovando’s in New York City. It’s a Christmas candy shop theme that you can recreate for your Christmas or holiday party.
Better yet set it up as a candy bar, and give all your guests a small box to fill with candy as party favors.
Sandra’s decorating philosophy is simple, not simplistic." Here are a couple more of Sandra’s decorating tips:
- Come up with a central theme, her inspiration here was peppermint candy of course!
- Carry that theme throughout all of your décor.
My favorite part if the design is the carnation sundaes, they’re really cute, and really easy to recreate yourself.
I love the red and white.
Here are a few pointers from Sandra for creating this look yourself:
- Glue peppermints onto a foam ring for a fun and whimsical wreath.
- Instead of setting out a bowl of peppermints, why not line the inside of a clear bowl with the candies then fill it with flowers, use a peppermint to top it off.
- Ornaments and garland can all fall within the theme if you use red and white stripes.
- Melt miniature candy canes down in the oven until flat and then insert one into your invites for a preview of the theme.
Images courtesy of Ovando’s New York