O.k. I admit it. This is nothing more than macaroni and cheese. I promised the kids macaroni and cheese and there was no way I could change mid stream…
Or was there?
I love artichokes any way that they are made and I have from the very first time I had them. That was way back when Marc and I were first married and living just off Presidio in Monterey California. Let me tell you, it might be a fantastic place to honeymoon but it is EVEN BETTER place to spend the first four months of marriage!
This is your basic macaroni and cheese with mozzarella and a good Parmesan substituted for the cheese you would normally use. And, of course, the addition of artichokes. I think that this would be fantastic with a spinach and walnut ravioli in place of the macaroni.
This is an awesome vegetarian dish, perfect for a lunch or light dinner.
Artichoke & Parmesan Pasta
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1 large can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk or half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onion in a little olive oil until transparent.
- MIx the onion and the cooked pasta in a buttered 13×9 inch casserole dish
- Add the artichokes and combine well
- Pour the milk over the pasta mixture and stir it in.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes
This serves about 8 people at my house but it is probably more like 12-16 servings. It freezes well so make a batch and divide it up for a couple of meals.