I saw this recipe for a Peeps dessert. Peeps are really popular at our house this time of year. We’re a little odd in the way we eat them though. We sit them out and let them get dried out and crunchy, then munch them. Are we the only crazy family who does this, or are there others out there?
This recipe features the new chocolate Peeps, yum!
PEEPS(R) Chocolate Mousse Dessert
1 pkg. (8 ct.) PEEPS(R) Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Bunnies
1 pkg. of chocolate flavored instant pudding mix — see package for
16 oz. Cool Whip(R)
1 pt. fresh strawberries, sliced
1 spring mint (optional)
– Prepare pudding according to package directions. Chill until set.
– Fill dessert bowls 1/2 full with pudding.
– Add a layer of Cool Whip(R).
– Place sliced fresh strawberries on top of Cool Whip(R).
– Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
– Before serving, top each bowl with a dollop of Cool Whip(R), a
PEEPS(R) Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Bunny and a sprig of
Makes 8 small to medium sized dessert bowls.
I’m a huge Peeps Fan(R), so I’m excited to see some new colors, and shapes in the 2009 Easter line-up. Have you seen the new Peeps Orange Chicks and Green Bunnies available? I saw them in the store other day, they’re waaay too adorable! I also saw where they now have Sugar-Free Yellow Chicks available.
Visit www.marshmallowpeeps.com for more sweet crafts and recipe ideas.