I love sweet tea but sometimes it is nice to drink something a little different.
White tea has a delicate flavor and when mixed with fruit it really adds a nice dimension. The mint and lime flavors are cooling and refreshing as well. Although key limes are preferred you can use regular lime if you can’t find them.
If you are looking for a refreshing drink to serve for your Fourth of July celebration check this out.
Lime, and Mint Iced Tea
- 1 quart of water
- 4 white tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- Lime slices for garnish
- Bring the water and sugar just to a boil.
- Stir until sugar is completely disolved.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags and mint.
- Steep for about one minute and remove bags.
- Allow to come to room temperature.
- Remove mint and add lime juice.
- Stir well and refrigerate. Serve in frosted glasses over ice