I am freezing! The sun is just waking up…and there is a dim glow to the trees. The goats and chickens have not started clamoring for their breakfasts yet, and no one is up except Marc and I. He left for work a few minutes ago..Why am I freezing? The fan in the window is blowing in chilled air!Â It is a cool morning more reminiscent of August in Michigan than August in Texas.
I am starting to feel frustrated with being out of my kitchen. I think today I will try to get in there and maintain enough momentum to actually finish something. I have an idea for ….well never mind. You should see it soon. I am so ready to be back to full energy that I can’ t stand it. The last surgery I had was when I was 27 and I was definitely back at it before now..of course that was over 20 years ago…Surely I couldn’t be slowing down? The horror!
I was so excited this week because Marc and the kids built a small run for the one, lone chick we hatched. It was the only chick that hatched out of the great “incubation experiment” of 2009 and had been living in the house in a large, metal horse tank tub. It was time for it to move outside, it is half grown and the kids were taking it out everyday for sunshine. It has become a pet, following them around and standing on their feet chirping at them intently. The other chickens would have killed it..and so now it has its very own home. I am hoping to add to it soon.
My scar is healing finally, and it doesn’t look too bad. So much for it being small, though. It is about five inches long, taking up most of the front of my neck. Looks like a five year old sewed it up. I am thinking of getting some black leather and going for a tough-girl look. Thoughts?
O.k… ready to see what I have found?
- Susan at Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy created a homemade version of the 100 Grand Bar, one of my favorites. I am hoping she does Milky Way next.
- I am so going to try Lori’s Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ben, at What’s Cooking made a Cantaloupe Ginger Ice Cream and reminded me that I need a new ice cream maker.
- Need something savory to clear the palate after all that dessert? Check out Valli’s Roasted Red Pepper Salad with Goat Cheese Croutons.
- Looking for something for back to school lunches? Peanut Butter and Jelly bars from Emily at Sugar Plum look like they would do the trick.
That’s it for me…I hope you have a great weekend, and I hope I get to do some baking!