Truman has his first loose tooth and the thing is wiggling like Jell-o. I’m ready to get that tooth out and start playing Tooth Fairy, so I scoured the Internet for some of the best ways to yank a tooth. Some are old favorites from when we were kids. Others, well, others are a bit more innovative.
Top 5 Creative Ways to Pull a Loose Tooth
5. Wiggle it to death. When it’s ready, it’ll come out. But who wants to wait for that? Of course, you kid could swallow it, which by the way, is fine. Says Baby Center, “Other than disappointing the Tooth Fairy, swallowing a tooth won’t cause any harm.”
4. Feed you child an unpeeled, uncut apple. The idea is that the tooth should pop out with the first bite. My challenge would be to get my kid to eat an apple in the first place! You can also encourage your child to gnaw on a rag (what a pleasant thought) or bit into ice or frozen carrots. Nice idea, but ouch.
3. If your kid is a heavy sleeper, wait until he falls asleep. Then reach in and yank. I’m sure my son would never forgive me for this.
2. Tie one end of a piece of string or dental floss around your kid’s loose tooth and the other end to a doorknob. With the door closed, the string should be taut. Open the door and have you kid take one half step back. Then slam the door. The tooth should fly out of his mouth. I actually tried this when I was a kid and no, it didn’t work. But it did hurt like hell.
1. And the all-time most creative way to pull a tooth – use a dart gun and coax your child to “shoot, baby, shoot.” Want the details? See the video here at Observations From The Nation’s Capital blog.