We were out of town for the weekend, and just got home last night. Of course there’s nothing in the refrigerator for supper, so I took a look at what we did have and decided to make some cheeseburger macaroni. It turned out really good so I thought I share the recipe with all of you.
Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole
- 1 box of elbow macaroni
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 of a small onion, chopped
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a combination of cheddar, queso, and Parmesan)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 350`F.
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions, and brown the ground beef. While you’re browning the ground beef add the chopped onion and garlic.
- Spray a 9x 13 casserole dish with no stick cooking spray.
- When the macaroni and ground beef are finished cooking combine them together, then add the cheese (reserve 1/2 cup), milk, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup. Mix all the ingredients together and add it to the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over the top and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Image (c) L Gerlach/ The Home and Garden Cafe