I am in a very difficult time in my life right now, with a lot of decisions looming. For the first time in very nearly 50 years I feel like an adult. I am not sure I like the feeling. For the first time in my life I feel quite alone… and in some ways it feels much like I suspect a new born feels at birth.
Space, cold, light, frightened, curious…wanting to be held…craving sustenance and affirmation and encouragement that this big, new world will be o.k.
I feel odd facing these challenges at this age, going into the Holidays, and at the time in my life when I should be the happiest, most secure, and most content. I know that my faith/trust/hope in God will see me through and the outpouring of love and prayers and well wishes from my fans, readers, friends, family, and followers has been, in a word, staggering. Thank you.
I have many challenges ahead, many difficult choices, and painful journeys through my thoughts, memories, and the dark recesses of my mind where I haven’t peeked in years. But hey, on the bright side, there will be awesome food, right?
So, I am ready for some surfing. You?
- Chai Coffee Cake from Tartelette looks like a great way to get a chilly day on track.
- Snickers Surprise Cookies from Jenny Bakes…wow..no surprise that they look great.
- Homemade Candy Corn from Dessert First..I love candy corn..really really love it.
- Stuffed Breakfast Poblano Peppers from Mele Cotte …Oh my these look good!
- Gingerbread Biscotti from She Runs She Eats..I love gingerbread in any form.
- Roasted Tomato Soup from Cafe Fernando …send a care package here please!
- Orange Slice Bread from CD Kitchens…Lets all pretend that it really IS a bread and not a cake, ‘K?
- Chicken Pumpkin Stew from Yumsugar
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Green Tomato and Jalapeno Jam….This is amazing.
- Jalapeno Cheese Burger Bun from Homesick Texan ….Brilliant.
Have a great weekend.
Images: Marye Audet