Veterans Day is November 11th and it is a wonderful opportunity for children to learn about their country, and to feel a sense of pride for all the people who have helped build our country by serving in the armed forces. It’s a great day to teach children a little history, and background of how we got where we are today.
I thought I’d put together a few fun Veterans Day activities for kids to help teach a little more about the importance of veterans, and what they do for our country.
- Veterans Day Word Ladder and Scramble Worksheets
- A Veterans Day Printable Coloring Sheet
- Make a handmade card to thank your favorite veteran
- Write a Veteran’s Day story
- Make a Patriotic Paper Wind Streamer
- A Veterans Day Word Search
- Make a camouflage friend
- A list of Childrens Songs for Veterans Day
- Make Veterans Day Door Hangers
What’s your favorite Veteran’s Day activity to help children learn the importance of honoring their Vets?