The traditional way to cook your Thanksgiving turkey is baked and basted in the oven for several hours. Today I have a few more turkey cooking ideas for you. Some of them involve the oven, but others involve other cooking methods that will still yield you a delicious turkey on your Thanksgiving dinner table.
If you’re in charge of the turkey for your Thanksgiving dinner feast, here are a few ideas to cook it to perfection.
- One of our favorite ways to cook our Thanksgiving turkey is on the grill, yep grilled turkey is loaded with flavor, and delicious.
- Along the same idea, here is a recipe for a charcoal grilled turkey.
- You can get very non traditional for your Thanksgiving dinner, and make some BBQ turkey skewers.
- My uncle likes to deep fry the Thanksgiving turkey. He infuses the turkey with herbs and spices then lets it sit for a few hours in the refrigerator before he lowers it into the fryer. I must say the turkey does come out juicy and delicious. Just make sure you do your deep frying outside where you can’t splash the grease on something and catch it on fire. And use caution to not burn yourself around the hot grease.
- The other day I posted a recipe for a champagne turkey that sounds delicious.
- If you want to go traditional, here’s a great turkey baking tutorial.
Okay, now I’m hungry for turkey!
Image (c) L Gerlach