I am so unprepared this year it is awful! I don’t know about you but Christmas has sped toward me like a train on an icy downhill slope. I have exactly three items bought for Christmas and not one menu item planned and my checkbook looks similar to a black hole. It is a good thing I believe in Christmas Miracles AND Christmas Magic!
And this right here is one of the numerous reasons I will not give up, give in, or give out to a lousy attitude, empty wallet, or pure D. exhaustion. This is my almost 9 month old grandaughter, Bells. Short for Isabella Jordan.
I am determined to pick up the pace this next week. I have been falling behind in posts and articles and my house looks like a tornado hit it AFTER a tsumnami and a hurricane blew through. Seriously.
So where are you and how are you in your Christmas preparations? Whatever point you are at you need to stop, take a deep breath and remember what Christmas really is all about.
Ready for some blogsurfing?
- Crank it up with Bon Appetit blog and their Baking Play List. Need some tunes to stir by? Here they are.
- Lori’s Red Velvet Shortbread Cookies
- Judy’s Pecan Lace Sandwich Cookies with Orange Buttercream
- Smores Cheesecake Bars
- What Does Eating Local Really Mean?
- YeastSpotting: Holiday Edition
- Chocolate Caramel Bars
- Candy Cane Macarons
- Awesome gift idea, The Blogger Aid Cookbook
- Make your own Marzipan
thats it for this week! I am in just under the wire. It is still Saturday in Texas, folks.
image: Erin Audet Myers, collection of Marye Audet