Are you looking for a quick, delicious meal for your family? This Asian-inspired recipe for Crispy Orange Beef can be on your table in 30 minutes. Visit BHG.com to get other recipes, including Miso Soup, Almond Rice and more, to complete your Weeknight Asian Dinner Menu in 30 minutes or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, Wesson
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic, McCormick
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, Smucker’s
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth, Swanson
- 10 small dried Thai chiles
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce, Kikkoman
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Season flank steak strips with salt and pepper, then toss with flour. Shake off excess flour.
2. Add oil to a large skillet until 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep. Heat oil to 365 degree F. Working in batches, fry flour-coated steak strips until deep golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. (DO NOT crowd pan.) Drain on paper towels. Set aside and keep warm.
3. For sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic in oil until fragrant. (Do not let the garlic brown.) Add orange marmalade, 1/2 cup beef broth, the chiles, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into remaining 1/2 cup beef broth. Stir cornstarch mixture into simmering sauce. Return to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until sauce thickens.
4. Pour sauce over beef and serve. Makes 4 servings.