Decorating the aisleways for your wedding can be a bit tricky. You don’t want the decorations to look tacky, and you don’t want something the guests will knock down when they’re on their way to their seats. Here are a couple ideas for aisle decorating ideas if you’re getting married in a church, or another inside venue.
Outside aisle decorations can be a little different, so I think I’ll write a separate post for those, on another day.
Here are a few aisle decorating ideas to get you started if you’re decorating for an indoor wedding:
- Carnation balls are very popular for wedding decorations right now, from table centerpieces to wedding aisles. They’ll work well if you can hang them over the back of the pew, or seats at the end of each row.
- Small floral wreaths work well for aisle decorations.
- Bows are definitely an old standby for your aisle ways, just make sure you purchase a stiff ribbon, or bow that won’t sag away to nothing before you make it down the aisle.
- Die cut some monogrammed cards to place at the end of each aisle in your wedding colors.
- If you’re on a budget draping tulle over your chairs or pews is an inexpensive way to dress up your aisle way.
If you do it right most of these aisle decorations can do double duty, and be used as table, or wall decorations at your reception.
Image (c) L Gerlach