I love children’s books, I even had children’s books before I had children. Now that my son is outgrowing most of his story books, and has moved on to chapter books I’ve been sorting through all our books and deciding which ones to keep.
That made me think of some of our favorite Valentine’s Day books to read together. Here are 5 of my all time favorite Valentine’s Day stories to read to my son when he was younger.
1. Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney tops the list. It’s not called a Valentine book, but it’s about love, and that’s what Valentine’s Day is for right?
2. On The Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman is another heart felt story that tells your child how much you love them. I think it’s another perfect pick for Valentine’s Day.
3. Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse! (from the If You Give… series) by Laura Numeroff is a bit of a lighter note compared to the two books above, but the If You Give A Mouse series are some of my favorite fun stories to read, this one included.
4. Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown by Charles M. Schulz is a Valentine’s Day classic at our house (both the DVD and the book). It just wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without it.
5. I Love You More Than Rainbows by Susan Crites is a more recent favorite. It’s a sweet and fun book at the same time, and it just reaches out and grabs your heart while you’re reading.
That’s a list of 5 of my favorite books for Valentine’s Day, what books would be on your list?