Summer’s almost officially here, which means we’re supposed to force ourselves to read actual books (not iPads or iPods) at the beach, by the pool, or lounging in bed on a lazy Sunday morning. So here, in no particular order, are 10 of our favorite new (or relatively new) books to pick up and never put down this summer. There’s something for everyone here: Food, gardening, sustainable agriculture, home renovation, shopping addiction, gentlemen farmers, short story collections, and a prison memoir. Oh, and Raquel Welch. Happy summer.
2. Lunch In Paris: A Love Story, With Recipes, by Elizabeth Bard
3. The Collected Stories of Lydia Davis, by Lydia Davis
4. The House at Royal Oak: Starting Over & Rebuilding a Life One Room at a Time, by Carol Eron Rizzoli
5. The Bucolic Plague: How Two Manhattanites Became Gentlemen Farmers: An Unconventional Memoir, by Josh Kilmer-Purcell
6. The Seasons on Henry’s Farm: A Year of Food and Life on a Sustainable Farm, by Terra Brockman
7. Raquel: Beyond the Cleavage, a memoir by Raquel Welch (Sorry, but Raquel rules.)