Even though Oprah is God, she still can be wrong sometimes (though not very often). Here are 10 “oopsies” that this most powerful and influential woman in the world has made over the years – by endorsing, loving, trying, hiring, or firing them:
1. James Frey, author of A Million Little Pieces
2. James Arthur Ray, self-help guru accused of manslaughter in last year’s Sedona sweat lodge tragedy.
3. That her Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy Foundation for girls in South Africa would be free of sex abuse and scandal.
4. O at Home magazine (her Hearst quarterly that folded in late 2008).
5. Alexandra Wentworth Stephanopoulos, who (while a very pedigreed WASP) is really, really annoying as a panelist and correspondent on Oprah.
7. That she’d never again appear on the Late Show With David Letterman after her supposed 16-year feud with Dave.
8. Kathy Freston’s Quantum Wellness diet.
9. That Jonathan Franzen would actually be grateful to her for making The Corrections an Oprah Winfrey’s Book Club selection.
10. That her chronic weight fluctuation is entirely her fault – it’s not! She has a thyroid disorder that makes her gain weight!