I’m not sure when that magical day will come, but you can bet your ass I won’t be having a cake eating contest at my wedding reception, like Hall Hunt, a competitive eater, and his wife. Shall I count the reasons why?
1. I really don’t need to be bursting out of my dress. I’m sure I’ll be strapped in pretty tight as it is.
2. All of the extra cake I’ll have shoved down my throat is just taking up valuable booze room in my stomach.
3. If my husband were a competitive eater, there is no way I would win. So why get frosting all over my dress?
4. The last time I checked, wedding cakes aren’t cheap. And I don’t think I’ll be able to savor the flavors by forcing it down my gullet as fast as possible.
5. My wedding reception is going to be a classy soirée, not a booth at the county fair. I’ll save my competitive eating for when I’m wearing my jorts and flip flops.
via The Daily What