Everyone’s got green on the brain this weekend, thanks to St. Patrick’s Day. But if green beer isn’t quite your thing, you can always celebrate with another kind of green drink: a green smoothie! These seven awesome green smoothie recipes are healthy, delicious and appropriate for any time of year, not just the one with the wearin’ o the green.
1. I’ve used Oh She Glows‘ Green Monster as the basis of my green smoothies for years. It’s simple and always tastes great.
2. This pineapple and swiss chard smoothie from The Chalkboard can also help alkalize your body.
3. If drinking something green isn’t quite your thing, try this blue-colored blueberry almond green smoothie from Green Plate Rule.
4. A smoothie from the Pursuit of Hippieness adds tofu for some extra protein punch.
5. Try a green smoothie with a more velvety texture, courtesy of avocado and The Flirty Foodie.
6. Has Shrinking Kitchen made the best green smoothie ever? Try it and see.
7. Try The Lively Kitchen‘s minty and refreshing Shamrock smoothie