If I were a magical wizard with godlike powers, I’d be too nervous about the repercussions of doing anythingÂ big like ending murder full stop, but I would absolutely make avocado pits way smaller. And the world would be a better place.
Let’s all agree that avocados are the greatest food of all the different foods and anyone who doesn’t like them should be ashamed of themselves*. As far as I’m concerned, not liking avocados is on par with not liking high fives and making out.
As long as I’m speaking for everyone, I’ll go ahead and assume that most people think of guacamole first when they think of using avocados…that’s okay because guacamole or “guac” as the kids say, is delicious, but there are SO many ways to use avocados. You don’t even have to just eat them.
Here are 10 weird ways to use avocados:
- On your face: make your own avocado mask by mushing up the green stuff with honey, oatmeal and an egg white.
- In your face: Take pit out, fill hole with a poached egg or with whatever tasty magic you want.
- On your head: Use the face mask recipe but skip the oatmeal and add a spoonful of coconut oil if it moves you. Put it on wet hair and rinse well after letting it soak in for a bit.
- As a treat:Â You can have avocado mousse, avocado pie, avocado ice cream, avocado pudding, and most importantlyÂ green cheesecake.
- Drink them: Here’s a recipe for a savory avocado cocktail.
- Drink them part deux: Adding half an avocado to smoothies is a game changer. It turns every concoction into a delicious pudding. Banana, kale and avocado in a blender can serviceably replace meaningful relationships in your life.
- On your butt: Smear the inside of the peel on your face, elbows, butt (wherever you want) and leave the slime on for like 15 minutes and rinse off. It’s moisturizing as all get out.
- For your heart: Replace mayonnaise, butter and other unhealthy condiments and spreads with a bit of avocado. It will be just as moist and tasty, but more vitamin packed. You can even bake using avocado in lieu of fatsâ€“so I’ve heard, I haven’t tried it.
- On your feet: Found this legit sounding foot scrub recipe on TLC’s website. Will be trying this out asap.
- As a friend:Â Just add googly eyes.
If you are an avocado hater, please make your way to the left. If you are an avocado lover, please let me know if you have any unusual or creative ways to use avocados.
*I’m kiddingâ€“obviously, I’d prefer fewer people love avocados as passionately as I do so that there would be more for me.