Burning calories can be the worst, basically unbearable. If going to the gym and lacing up for a run sound like nightmarish punishments, you’re in luck because burning calories doesn’t have to feel like middle school gym class. You burn calories just by existing, but you can burn calories by existing well.
Here are the 10 raddest ways to expend energy:
- Sexual Intercourse- Vigorous sexual activity for a half hour can burn about 50 calories for a 130 lb human.
- Dance around- Put on your favorite kind of music and dance like you mean it for 30 minutes and burn over 100 calories. You don’t even have to put underwear on if you don’t feel like it.
- Have a catch- Grab a friend and any ball you can toss and head to the park.
- Play Dress-up- A 130 pound woman can burn around 60 calories just dressing and undressing for a half hour.
- Walking Leisurely- Just going for a walk or choosing to hoof it to get from point A to point B instead of taking transportation is a pleasant way to enjoy time outside AND use your body.
- Organizing your stuff- Maybe this doesn’t please everyone emotionally, but it’s productive.
- Seeking out food/cooking- Instead of waiting for a pizza to be delivered to your door, actively participate in the preparation of your food.
- Laughing- I spent last night watching Marx Brothers sketches on YouTube and boy are my abs tired. According to a study conducted by Vanderbilt University, 10-15 minutes of laughter can burn 50 calories.
- Wash your car/clean your bike- Make it sexy like you’re in a music video.
- Exercise without leaving your room- Maybe try Sweatin’ to the Oldies
If none of these activities please you, you can workout in the prison yard where you belong, you joy-killer.
I used WebMd’s Fit-O-Meter to determine calories burned unless otherwise noted//Image via Shutterstock