When it comes to my own vanity, the only feature I care about more than my bangs are my eyelashes. Mine are already pretty good if I do say so myself, still, I’d rather have next level dragonfly lashes that make me look like a goddamn Liza Minnelli impersonator. Maybe my life wouldn’t be better if my eyelashes were longer, but batting them would be more dramatic and that sort of has its own value.
Eyelashes are wonderful because as far as patriarchal beauty ideals go, I’ve never heard a man ever say anything mean or critical about a woman’s lashes. Who cares what men think of them? No one. Eyelashes that mean business are like elaborate nail art designs, for women. I’m in favor of most things that will make women more confident and fluffy lashes do that for me.
When it comes to pumping up the volume eyelash-wise, options are somewhat limited; you can do mascara, falsies, growth serum or extensions. So far, I’ve dabbled in all but extensions. My birthday is coming up next month and I’m considering treating myself to a set, but I do have my hesitations and I’ll be indecisively weighing the pros and cons of this luxurious beauty treatment:
- Will not feel the need to wear mascara
- Save time
- Look like Bambi
- Semi-permanent so if I hate them, they won’t last forever
- Many options for length and style from casual to dramatic
- They don’t even last that long
- Potentially will get addicted to the process
- Sitting still with my eyes shut while someone glues individual fibers to my individual eyelashes sounds horrible
- If anything goes wrong, my eyes are at stake and I value my eyes
Who am I kidding? I’ll be going back and forth on whether or not I should get them until I just impulsively go into a salon and get them done.
Have you gotten this highly unnecessary and expensive yet luxe and fun beauty treatment? Do you have a good spot in NYC?
Image via Shutterstock