Tracy Anderson rose to fame training famous bodies and for having controversial, annoying and often heartbreaking things to say about women’s bodies. Though Tracy Anderson has become a celebrity herself, she was first known for being a trainer to the stars. She recently acquired a new famous client to her stable, Lena Dunham.
Let’s see where Dunham ranks on the list of 10 of Tracy Anderson’s celebrity clients ranked on a scale from 1 to 10 of least to most insufferable:
- Kirsten Dunst- Dunst gets her spot as least insufferable because she has only been seen leaving the Tracy Anderson Method gym in Studio City, and hasn’t spouted any weirdness about Anderson morphing her bod with magic. Work out however you want, lady.
- Jessica Simpson- Anderson was training Simpson before her most recent wedding. Poor Jessica Simpson, no one talks about her body like it’s her own. Based on all of the body snarking she’s suffered, even compared to other stars, I completely understand why she’d want to put herself through the Tracy Anderson Method.
- Zooey Deschanel- The twee television star once tweeted “I worked out anyway! But only because @GoTracy [Anderson] is so fun.” She earned her spot as one of the least insufferable because she admits that working out can be fun (but can be hard to do), that she works out at all and doesn’t say she does it simply to take up less space on the earth.
- Maggie Gyllenhaal- It’s difficult to call Gyllenhaal insufferable at all because she’s great, but here is her testimonial from Anderson’s website “I love the Tracy Anderson Method. It isn’t easy; in fact, at first, it took some time to get used to the movements. But I saw changes in my body immediately and now, after a few months I feel so lean and strong. Also I love the dancing. I pretend I’m in Flashdance and an hour of cardio flies by.” She’s low on the list because she focused on the fun movements, how strong she feels and playing make-believe Flashdance instead of talking about how Anderson turned her from a hideous creature into a perfect woman.
- Gisele- Anderson recently said that she thinks all women want Gisele’s butt and it is her goal to get them to work for that booty, but how do you train a butt that is already the platonic ideal of a butt? Is Anderson trying to give Gisele Gisele’s butt? I’m confused, man.
- Nicole Richie- They did a video together. Richie seems to love Anderson’s method–she gushes about it. Nicole, despite her devotion, isn’t higher on the list because she’s fun and funny and has a good attitude. When it comes to Nicole Richie, Anderson doesn’t pat herself on the back for taking her disgusting body and making it palatable, instead she compliments the reality star’s devotion to fitness, motherhood and being a rad person.
- Shakira- This popstar is an amazing dancer, so why does she need to take Anderson’s dance aerobics? I don’t get it! She also allegedly has Anderson dictating her diet, which creeps me out because I’m not sure if Anderson is a real nutritionist.
- Kristin Davis- The ex Sex & The City star told GOOP “The thing that I am most impressed with about Tracy’s Method is that it really does elongate and tone muscle. I’ve tried most of the classes and methods out there, and this is the first one that hasn’t added bulk over time.” I find it hard to believe that Kristin Davis ever developed bulky muscles from working out.
- Lena Dunham- Anderson’s newest and most shocking celebrity client, the ever body positive Lena Dunham. Though on HBO’s Girls Dunham’s character, Hannah Horvath is seen doing one of Tracy’s workout DVD’s, this news comes as an insufferable surprise. Anderson notoriously champions “teeny tiny” as the goal for women’s bodies, while Dunham allegedly was wildly body positive and happy with showing her thighs just as they are. I understand wanting to get in shape, but Anderson’s goal is to “transform” her new client. It seems hypocritical, but she can do whatever she wants to her body. Even if I find it highly insufferable.
- Gwyneth Paltrow- Oh Gwyneth. I don’t even know if I should get started on the intolerably irritating relationship between Paltrow and Anderson. She’s the very reason we know who Tracy Anderson is! Just check out some of these links here, here and here or read almost anything either of them have said about Paltrow’s body at any point in time and you’ll see why Gwyneth is most definitely the most insufferable of Tracy Anderson’s clients.
Image via Getty