Welcome toÂ Fitness Friday- Every week, I sit on my butt and tirelessly search for the best YouTube workouts for people who want to exercise without leaving their houses or spending any money. Enjoy my finely curated lists, my poor and lazy kindred spirits!
Dance workouts are super fun, but you really have to commit. I’ve found it’s the easiest kind of exercise to cop out of and cheat on. Dancing really is what you put into it, so try and try really hard. This time, no one is looking.
Dance your butt off with 5 of the coolest dance workouts on the whole internet:
- Full Length Zumba Class- with Brittany Bendall. At one point this energetic powerhouse dances to Love Shack. This full length Zumba video surprisingly easy to follow. I’ll never do a real Zumba class because I don’t want to bring shame upon myself by clumsily attempting to sexily dance in public, but following along with Brittany Bendall alone in my room wasn’t humiliating. She’s so positive. She uses air guitar as a move and if you can’t get down with that then you have no business dancing for exercise at all.
- Miss Karen’s 1980s Jazz Dance Workout- with Miss Karen. This video feels like a throwback. I’m way into Miss Karen’s jazz workout because it reminds me of when I was a kid in dance class. She even peppers the video with helpful tips to make sure you’re doing things right. Miss Karen will make you feel taken care of while busting your butt with jazz.
- Cardio Ballet Workout- with Jessica Smith TV. This is a 30 minute cardio barre routine. It’s ballet inspired and therefore extremely challenging. Barre exercise classes got me into regular exercise a few years agoâ€“they’re fun and you can imagine you’re a ballerina while busting your butt. There’s a dog in the video too and he’s perfect.
- Booty Pop and Body Roll Dance Workout- with Keaira LaShae of superheroFitnessTV. This video is from the Holidays, but it still works. Keaira LaShae is unbelievably charismatic. This video has style and is a lot of fun without compromising the cardio aspect. Don’t try to be as cool as Keaira when you’re doing this workout, because you’ll screw that up. Keaira has a friend in the video who does modified versions of her moves to help beginners (like me). You should check out all of LaShae’s workouts because she’s rad.
- Cardio Bellydance Workout- with Tiazza Rose. Rose spells everything out for beginners, thank goodness. This belly dance workout is great cardio set to pop music which is a fun and unusual contact. Belly dance is such a good time, I want to do Tiazza Rose’s workouts with my friends.
Are we human or are we dancer?
Image via Shutterstock