Apple cider vinegar. What is it even? I’ve heard it’s a magic elixir that can clean your house and make you hotter. And all the celebrities use it. Is it cooked up by witches in a cauldron? Is it bottled at the fountain of youth?Â Potentially.
Apple cider vinegar isn’t really a magical potion; that’s an exaggeration. Sorry to disappoint, but it’s just a vinegar made of apple cider. Like coconut oil, another trendy hippie substance that makes people feel like they’re living cleanly and magically, apple cider vinegar is just something that you can use for a lot of different things. People go bananas for it. Also, like coconut oil, you should get the good shitâ€“theÂ Â raw, organic, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the floaty bits.
Using apple cider vinegar for any of the myriad reasons suggested is pretty low risk, high reward. Bottles of the stuff are cheap and if you don’t like what you bought it for, there are approximately um, I don’t know, one billion plus other ways to use it. The only problem seems to be that smell which smells exactly like the devil’s scrotum when he’s hungover; I know that from experience.
Here are just 6 of apple cider vinegar’s many uses:
- In your bod- Eating or drinking apple cider vinegar is pushed on everyone because the supposed health benefits are pretty wild. It’s been said to suppress appetite, promote a healthy immune system, reduce allergy symptoms, alkaline the shit out of you, reduce gas and bloating, and get the good flora and fauna flourishing in your guts.Â To ingest it, you can use it as salad dressing or make a potion of it by putting it in tea or some other fluid with honey and whatnot. You’ll want to dilute it because the taste is a little strong and it can be hard on your esophagus (that’s how powerful it is, apparently).
- On your bod- You can use it as a natural deodorant. I haven’t tried this, but apparently the vinegar smell evaporates off and just neutralizes your odors all day.
- On your face- Dilute some and you can use it as a toner or astringent, or put it directly on ripe zits full force and it will help dry them out. Some people claim that after applying apple cider vinegar, their face looks plumper and more youthful. A diluted ACV solution can also help relieve sunburn.
- In your face- Gargling with ACV is said to help whiten teeth and invigorate gums. Brush your teeth with toothpaste like a normal person after.
- On your head- Rinse your hair with a diluted apple cider vinegar solution. It will help balance pH, clarify your tresses for extra cleanliness and seal your cuticle for sheen. Make sure you wash it out well after. They say the smell evaporates off, but it’s possible you just get used to it.
- On your place- Get a spray bottle and fill it with half apple cider vinegar and half water and then go to town cleaning your crib with this non toxic cleaning spray.
Do you have any tips or tricks or apple cider vinegar hacks?
Image via Shutterstock