Welcome to Fitness Friday- Every week, I sit on my butt and tirelessly search for the best YouTube workouts for people who want to exercise without leaving their houses or spending any money. Enjoy my finely curated lists, my poor and lazy kindred spirits!
This week, for fitness friday, let’s stretch it out! Personally, having contortionist level flexibility is a goal, but even if you don’t want to be a human rubber band, stretching is critical; it prevents injury and can be quite relaxing.
Let’s get bendy:
- 12 Minute Splits Stretch Flexibility Workout with PsycheTruth- This stretch workout is basically an internet blessing. Donnie and her friend demonstrate basic stretches that will help you work toward being able to do the splits. I don’t know about you, but I could do the splits as a kid and would love to be able to do that again.
- Full Body Stretching Exercises with POPSUGAR Fitness-This 10 minute full body stretch routine is perfect for right after a cardio session when your muscles are all warm. We’re huge fans of FitSugar in general, but I particularly like the countdown clock on the lower right hand corner of the video so that I know how much time I have left before I can stop exercising.
- 5-Minute Stretch Routine with Diet Health- Katrina Hodgson gives you a simple 5 minute routine. It’s just the basics and at 5 minutes, it’s hard to find a reason not to do it.
- Nighttime Yoga: Before Bed Series with Yoga Body Naturals LLC-This routine will relax you before bed. It’s perfect for nervous wrecks who have trouble calming down and going to sleep. My muscles are always super tense at night, stretching helps.
- How to Get a Ballerina’s Flexibility with Livestrong- Amber Nimedez demonstrates a quick and effective stretching series that will help you get as stretchy as a ballet dancer!
Any hip stretch is my favorite. Feels so ridiculously good. Do you have any stretching routines to recommend?
Image via Shutterstock