It’s FITNESS FRIDAY everybody! Every week, I sit on my butt and tirelessly search for the best YouTube workouts for people who want to exercise without leaving their houses or spending any money. Enjoy my finely curated lists, my poor and lazy kindred spirits!
It’s getting colder and colder out, motivation to leave the house is also dwindling. Exercising in the womblike warmth of your house is going to be even more critical than it has been in ages. Who wants to brave the cold just to go to the gym? If you still want to work on your fitness, but do not under any circumstances want to leave your room, then you have come to the right place.
This week we are going to workout like celebrities. Part of the job for movie stars, models and pop singers is to maintain a smokin’ hot body by media standards. Those cultural icons of sexiness have teams of handlers telling them what to put in their mouths and how and when to workout, we normals don’t have those privileges, but we can still try to emulate famous bodies by wildly speculating on their workout routines and trying to replicate them.
Here are 5 celebrity inspired workouts from YouTube:
- Selena Gomez Full Body Workout with Kelsey Lee of XHIT- Selena Gomez is a major cutie with a slammin’ figure. This twelve minute full body workout won’t give you a body that is not yours, but it’s still a killer workout that will make your personal body feel good (or sore and then good).
- Jennifer Lopez Sexy Full Body Workout with Alycia Kluegl of EmpowerYourBody- First things first, EmpowerYourBody is a great channel. Compassionate, knowledgable, safe and all ecompassing fitness videos. This video forcusing on obliques so that you can imagine having Jennifer Lopez’s insanely sexy body for all 5 and a half minutes of the video.
- POP Pilates: Beyonce Bootylicious Bum Butt Badonkadonk Bonanza with Cassey of Blogilates- This workout has the best name ever. I love a bonanza and working on my ass. Week after week I include Cassey’s videos in the Fitness Friday roundup, but that’s because they’re so good. Blogilates are always challenging, fun and informative.
- Michelle Obama Arm Workout with Exersize Best- The FLOTUS has killer arms and everybody knows it. No one may have the genetic ability to have guns like Mrs. Obama, but we can try. This isn’t a full workout, but instructions on three moves you can do with whatever weights you have (or soup cans if you’re me) to get Obama arms!
- How to TWERK Tutorial and Leg/Booty Workout with Keaira LaShae of SuperHeroFitnessTV- This choreography is sexy and fun, but I personally look like the dorkiest goofball on earth doing it, still Ms. LaShae’s instructions are so good and she’s so cool that I work hard to get it right. You’ll be twerking to Rihanna’s song “Birthday Cake” so it’s sort of inspired by Rihanna.
Please email or tweet us if you’d like to see any kind of workout featured on an upcoming Fitness Friday.
Image via Getty