I’m a major procrastinator. Chances are, if there’s something even mildly unpleasant that I am obligated to do, that I’ll wait until the last possible moment to do it. This is not uncommon. My fellow dilly-dalliers, I know better than to vow to stop dragging my feet altogether, but I am willing to start procrastinating in a healthier and more productive way.
Here are 10 healthy procrastination methods:
- Go for a brief run- Listen to your favorite workout songs while you hit the pavement; you’ll get some cardio in and waste a little time.
- Try oil pulling- You’ve been meaning to see what it’s all about. There’s no time like the present to oil pull.
- Take a moment for some mindful breathing- They don’t tell you to “focus on your breathing” in yoga class because it’s not good for you. Do nothing but breathe for as long as you need.
- Change your sheets- You’ve probably been putting that off too, but now is the time to put a fresh set of linens on your bed. Once you do this, you’ll have clean sheets and a made bed when you finally finish whatever you have to do and get to turn in.
- Floss Your Teeth- Flossing is fool proof way to improve your self esteem if only for a moment. There’s nothing wrong with taking a moment for your oral hygiene before starting a big project.
- Dry Brush Your Body- Some people say it diminishes the appearance of cellulite. Why go run an errand, when you can improve your circulation and get dead skin off your ass?
- Drink a glass of water- You’re probably dehydrated to even contemplate going out to fill a prescription right now.
- Wash your face-Â Maybe even do a masque! A mini facial is relaxing, beautifying and refreshing.
- Talk to someone you love on the phone- A nice chat with granny will be much more pleasant than whatever phone call you’re putting off.
- Do some stretches- You’ll feel calm enough to wrestle the world once you loosen up those muscles.
Image via Someecards