These days, a diet sans gluten can seem like a fancy accessoryâ€“like a Birkin bag for the body, despite the fact that loads of people actually cannot consume gluten for health purposes. Having to restrict your diet due to allergies can feel pretty isolating, so it’s nice to know that even the rich and the famous have wheat allergies or Celiac Disease too.
Here are 10 gluten free celebrities:
â€” Emmy Rossum (@emmyrossum) April 21, 2014
This gluten free actressÂ just tweeted about smelling the bagels she cannot eat.
2) Gwyneth Paltrow. At this point, GP is as famous for her dietary restrictions as she is for her acting. Some find her insufferable, but she raised awareness and made resources for those with gluten allergies more accessible. Paltrow wrote the book “It’s All Good” because she “wanted a mini encyclopedia of gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free recipes that were delicious andÂ comforting.”
3) Jennifer Esposito. This awesome gluten free actress started theÂ Jennifer’s Way Foundation for Celiac Education after years of suffering from symptoms of the disease herself.Â
@RealFloydCyrus everyone should try no gluten for a week! The change in your skin, phyisical and mental health is amazing! U won’t go back!
â€” Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) April 9, 2012
Back in 2012, the Bangerz singer tweeted about the benefits of going gluten free. She may or may not have a gluten intolerance, but she is so positive about G-free ways!
5) Zooey Deschanel. The twee as all get out star of Fox’s hit sitcom The New Girl calls herself â€śthe worst person to ever eat with because [she has] all these stupid food allergies.â€ť She apparently gets her special gluten and allergen free meals delivered to her trailer to spare people of her “weird” eating habits. At least she’s being accommodated.
7) Geri Halliwell. No ginger bread for the woman formerly known as Ginger Spice. Halliwell allegedly has a wheat allergy and skips the gluten to keep discomfort at bay.
8) Elizabeth Hasselbeck. The co-host of the view penned a bookÂ called “The G-Free Diet,” which serves as a “survival guide” to living without gluten, complete with recipes and shopping tips.
10) Chelsea Clinton. The former First-Daughter of The United States keeps a very specific diet and even had vegan and gluten free menuÂ at her wedding, proving that you can have your (gluten free) cake and eat it too.