Topic: flesh eating bacteria
Here’s some awesome Monday news: 24-year-old Aimee Copeland, the Georgia woman who has undergone multiple amputations and a number of painful skin grafts, due to a flesh-eating bacteria called Aeromonas hydrophila, has been released from the hospital, CNN reports. Copeland … More
Aimee Copeland, the woman who contracted a flesh-eating bacteria in a May zipline accident, recently refused pain medication during a skin graft procedure. As a result of her necrotizing fasciitis, she’s had both of her hands, her right foot and her left leg amputated, but the graduate student, who believes in practices like meditation to manage pain, was hesitant to accept drugs like morphine. More
As if the story about the college student who lost her leg due to a strange flesh-eating bacteria wasn’t scary enough, now there is another case reported of the same bacteria. This type of bacteria, necrotizing fasciitis, is extremely dangerous and claims the lives of 25% of the people who get it. All the more reason to make sure you know the warning signs. More
After a freak accident, Aimee Copeland, a young college student, has lost her leg due to a flesh-eating bacteria–and she may now lose other body parts. It’s a scary thing to think about, but it’s possible this could happen to any of us.
When most of us think of bath salts, we picture something we add to a hot bath to help soothe our tired minds and bodies–not something that could result in a flesh-eating bacteria. But, that’s what happened to a 34-year-old woman who injected the stimulant drug called “bath salts”–not to be confused with the kind that we pour in our tub. More